Adjust the sag on the front forks. Compress the forks using a cable tie and let them to settle before pushing the cable tie up to the external dust seal. Get off the bike and shift the weight to the front of the bike so that the forks are completely extended. The sag is the amount of distance it has covered. What is the function of dirt bike forks?
How do I align the forks on my bike?
To align the forks parallel, once you have adequate brake pressure, spin the front wheel by hand and quickly grab a handful of front brake, causing the front wheel to abruptly and momentarily stop while elevated. Repeat this process several times to ensure that the forks are perfectly parallel with each other.
How do you adjust the rebound on a bike fork?
To return to normal adjustment, turn the screw clockwise as far as it will go, then turn the screw back 18-20 clicks (see to your bike’s handbook for further information). To activate the rebound clicker, lift your fork up to its highest point.
How do I adjust the height of my Forks?
- To modify the height of the fork leg, simply release the clamping bolts on the triple clamps and move the fork leg to the desired position.
- It is critical to frequently bleed the air out of your forks in order for them to function correctly.
- Ideally, you should do it after every ride.
The bleed screw is placed at the top of the fork leg, adjacent to the clicker screw, and is easily accessible.
How do you adjust the compression on a KTM EXC Fork?
- It is positioned at the bottom of each fork leg of a KTM EXC, and it is called the compression clicker.
- Turn the clicker in a clockwise direction to increase damping, and in a counterclockwise direction to decrease damping.
- To return to normal adjustment, turn the screw clockwise as far as it will go, then turn the screw back 18-20 clicks (see to your bike’s handbook for further information).