- A bike fit can be a DIY project, or professionals can do it at a bike shop that offers this kind of service. If you have the opportunity to visit a local bike shop that does bike fitting, your best option is to refer to them. However, chances are that you will have to do it yourself; but, don’t worry, it’s not rocket science.
- 1 What happens at a bike fit?
- 2 How much does a bike fitting cost?
- 3 What size person is a 26 bike for?
- 4 What do I need for a bike fitting?
- 5 How long does it take to get fitted for a bike?
- 6 Do you tip a bike fitter?
- 7 Why is bike fitting so expensive?
- 8 Will a bike fit make me faster?
- 9 Do Evans Cycles do bike fitting?
What happens at a bike fit?
This basic fit typically includes adjusting your saddle height and angle, swapping a stem, setting cleat position and other similar, simple alterations. If you are looking to maximize your performance on the bike, you should consider getting a comprehensive fit.
How much does a bike fitting cost?
Though they range in cost, a quality bike fitting generally comes in around $200 and usually takes no less than two hours.
What size person is a 26 bike for?
What size person is a 26 bike for? Bikes with 26-inch wheels are designed for people who are between a height of about five feet to the smaller end of six foot. If you’re taller than that, then your bike should have larger tires and more space in length (26 inch bikes generally don’t go much over 24 inches).
What do I need for a bike fitting?
What to wear for your bike fit. You will need to bring your cycling shorts, short sleeve jersey and cycling shoes. The markers for the Retul system are placed onto your skin or clothes. It is more accurate if the markers are placed on a surface which does not move around too much whilst you cycle.
How long does it take to get fitted for a bike?
Your bone structure, flexibility and anatomy—things your probably don’t even think about—are also extremely important for your fitter to understand. The whole process, from the initial interview to you walking away with a custom-fitted bike, could take anywhere between 1-3 hours.
Do you tip a bike fitter?
No. No you don’t. Subject: RE: Do you tip the bike fitter guy????
Why is bike fitting so expensive?
You’re paying for the time and specialized knowledge of the person doing the fitting, and (in the case of a Retul fitting) the expensive equipment/software required to do it properly.
Will a bike fit make me faster?
Getting a bike fit can feel like an expensive indulgence reserved for pro cyclists. But it isn’t really—good bike fit is just as important an investment as the bike itself, and can not only increase your comfort on the bike, but make you faster and stronger without a single interval or endurance ride.
Do Evans Cycles do bike fitting?
Many retailers offer a bike fit service, but Evans Cycles is making bike fit more accessible by offering a free fit with its Hoy range of bikes. There’s even the option to swap between components such as stems, handlebars and saddles as part of the process.